Sunday, October 14, 2012

Cottage Corks

So a while back I wrote about how you can recycle corks at grocery stores like Whole Foods or wineries...or wherever you find a collection place! Well, if you're going to start recycling these corks, you probably need someplace to store them in the mean time or else you'll just lose them and whatnot. 
I was scrounging around in the basement this morning looking for something to inspire me. I found this cottage cheese container up high on a shelf and low and behold it was full of corks waiting to be recycled! I didn't even know this was happening in my house. I like to call it "double recycling" (when an old container is reused to store something that's also going to be reused). So, just an idea if you're looking for some place to store anything. Corks are just one thing - this could be used as a leftover container (as long as you don't heat it), a makeshift bowl...you catch my drift.

No comments:

Post a Comment