Monday, October 8, 2012

Don't Drive Like an Idiot

That's right, I said don't drive like an idiot. I am sorry if I offended you, but it's the simplest way to put it. I am sure that each an everyone of us is going to begrudgingly head to work tomorrow after the long weekend and get frustrated at the traffic. When you're in this traffic, don't ride the bumper in front of you. Give them a little break. If the traffic moves a few inches, don't step on the gas like its gonna be a few feet, then slam on the brakes. This wastes gas and is probably hard on your brake pads and whatever else cars use. Don't waste the gas! Ease off the brakes when you want to move forward a bit instead of jumping to gas. Maybe even let a gap form until it's actually worth it for you to move. If the traffic is really awful, maybe even shut your car off or something. Restarting your car often doesn't do it any harm. I like to stare at the MPG meter and try to make a game out of keeping it as high as possible. Whatever you do, just try to drive efficiently, even if you're not in traffic. There is this one steep hill that I drive down some days and I like to coast all the way down it to the stop sign maybe a quarter mile down the road. It makes me feel accomplished!
Using less gas is one of the best things that we can do, so do all that you can when you drive.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete