Sunday, October 7, 2012

Guide to Prep Books

Test prep books are highly useful, but most pretty expensive. In addition to being expensive, most books are so thick that I wouldn't be surprised if each one killed an entire tree! I looked for skinnier books than that, but still they're not small. This weekend I am officially done with the SAT, so I no longer need my prep books. I am tempted to throw them in the trash or have a ceremonial burning, but I think a better idea would be to pass them down. Give them to a younger sibling or friend. Find a place to donate the book like a charity or maybe even the guidance department at school. Someone else could always use one, even if it is a little used!
If you're like me and aren't really a fan of the books, here's a paperless alternative: look for electronic sources! CollegeBoard will send you daily practice SAT questions through email and offers full-length practice tests online. There are also a lot of apps that you can download. There is a SAT Question of the Day app, SAT vocab apps, and plenty of AP apps for many different subjects. I am sure that you can easily find whatever you need, as long as you look!

No comments:

Post a Comment