Saturday, October 13, 2012

Defrosters Are Not Enough

This morning it reached below freezing! Because of this, my car was very frosty when I got up. I started my car a few minutes before I had to leave and blasted the defrosters, but this is all of the progress that I made in about 5-10 minutes. I admit it, I let my car idle! I know this is bad, but I wasn't sure what else to do. It took my mom to remind that you can scrape the ice off with a window scraper. Of course! This is much faster than waiting for the defroster to do it all! So, if you park outside you will certainly run into this issue quite often in the coming months. You may have known this since you're probably more experienced with cars than I am, but here's a reminder: Try to scrape the ice off before you let you car idle.  And as another reminder, this eco-friendly method may require some mittens or a hat. Happy scraping!

No comments:

Post a Comment