Friday, September 28, 2012

Give Paper a Second Chance

School and work take a lot of printing. So, we've taken steps to turn the printer off when we aren't using it, use online resources when we can, and try out recycled paper. Here's one more thing! You can reuse old paper and use it for something new. For example, my mom found a lot of waste paper (stuff that got printed for no reason and that nobody wanted) at work and stuck it back into our printer so that we could print on the other side. I know when I print things off of the web sometimes the last page that gets printed will have just one sentence or a dumb ad on it. I also get a lot of assignment sheets from school that I need for a week then get rid of. All of these things can be reused! Stick them back into the printer, NOT the recycling bin, and give them a new and more purposeful life! It is a second chance! Print something good on their other side!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a Kindergarten teacher in Nashua. We're trying to reduce the amount of paper we use,too. So, when I have to print off worksheets, I use paper from a pile of "mistakes" made by other teachers. When I pass out papers to my students, we place a big "X" on the side we don't have to complete. They also think it's cool that we're using the back of paper intended for "the big kids" !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your story! I am glad that the kids enjoy it. It's great that they are learning to reuse paper so young!

      Delete