Friday, September 21, 2012

Unexpected Art

This is not a picture of a heartfelt card, this is a picture of a hall pass. I was confused when my teacher started writing on what I thought were student art projects. It turns out that this teacher's husband designed these cards, and this one came from a box that got wet so he couldn't sell the set anymore. She had a whole folder of them waiting to become passes or notes. I am pretty sure that this lady had no idea what she was doing for the environment. She just saw a whole lot of her husbands valuable paper get destroyed and wanted to make them useful for something. I am not expected you all to start writing hall passes on cards, (although it does make for a nice touch), but just to think about things in a different way. Her box of ruined cards was not trash, but new note, pretty note paper. I was pleasantly surprised to find innovation in such an expected place, and it was so refreshing I just had to write about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment