Thursday, September 20, 2012

I am an Energy Star


My family just bought a new washing machine, and I actually find it kind of fascinating. We bought an Energystar model (which you should do if you are buying any appliances ever!). And this is a very brief description of why:
  • Energystar washers use up to 25 fewer gallons of water per load, which helps protect our water resources
  • these washers are more gentle as to prolong the life of clothing
  • these washers use significantly less energy 
  • since they use significantly less energy they save you significantly more money (enough to cancel out the cost to run the dryer)
The thing I found most fascinating is that the estimated cost of running this washer is only $15 per year. I definitely expected a much higher number. The 140 kWh would probably be much more significant to me if I understood that number better. If you do understand it, admire it!

No comments:

Post a Comment