Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Timers Schlimers, who needs 'em

One commonly-said tip is to take shorter showers. There are devices to help us with this, such as timers that count to 5 minutes and then you are supposed to get out. However, I know (from my morning experiences) that I am often not one to listen to alarms. So, instead, I thought of a different mechanism. Listen to music! Many of us already do that so this one is easy. Most songs are about 3 minutes, so with each song that goes by add 3 minutes to your shower time. I always feel like my showers could be 30 minutes. I have no sense for time when I'm in the shower. However, when I did this I found that my showers tended to last only about 1.5 songs. That's about 4.5 minutes! So this trick may work even better than the shower timer! Of course we are all different and different things work better for different people, but this one seemed like a pretty good solution. You might try making a playlist of songs that drive you nuts so you want to rush out of the shower to shut it off. I am not sure. But any ol' song seemed to work just fine for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment