Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Check, Double Check, Triple Check

Lately I've noticed a lot more packages being recyclable or compostable. I opened a package with a plasticy, foily wrapper around it and thought, "Well this probably isn't recyclable..." but low and behold on the back of the package was a "please recycle" logo. Another example I found was this Quinn popcorn bag. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was compostable. Who would have thought to compost a popcorn bag? I ended up having a lot of unpopped kernels, so those got composted as well. So the moral of the story is: be sure to check for these symbols, they could be anywhere! One less item in a landfill is always nice.

Check out this video about the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, a floating trash dump 2x the size of Texas: http://digitaljournal.com/article/257920

No comments:

Post a Comment