Monday, July 16, 2012

Lush Locks Without the Guilt

So I was out of shampoo one day and wanted to try something new, but didn't really have anything in mind. I came across Garnier Fructis biodegradable shampoo at my local Stop and Shop and bought it on a whim thinking: "Hey that looks environmentally friendly, I'll try it!" While my thinking was mildly ignorant, it wasn't a mistake. Biodegradable soaps, since they decompose completely, will not pollute water or soil with harsh chemicals. Plus they're nicer on your hair! I am sure there are other brands out there besides Garnier, and there are even ways to make homemade biodegradable soaps right in your kitchen if you're feeling extra ambitious. However, if you have special, finicky hair I might not recommend this. Without artificial moisturizers and such, this shampoo may not control your frizz, damage, color, or breakage as well as you'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment