Sunday, August 5, 2012

Green Cleaning, Sponges

Some major, household brands have started creating green product lines. Scotch-Brite is one company that I have seen in my local grocery store. The sponges caught my eye because I had seen "green" sponges before that looked like they had the world's most unpleasant texture to them. They were probably very environmentally friendly, but maybe not so user friendly. These Scotch-Brite sponges looked much more pleasant. They have come out with a whole line of products made with things like bamboo (a fast growing renewable resource) and recycled plastic bottles. Many of the products are biodegradable, 100% natural, and decently durable. Since I do not buy most of the stuff for my house, my family has not tried these. We are happy with our (very) long lasting Dobie pads. However, I read reviews from some happy moms on the internet about Scotch-Brite's new additions. If I was starting a home or living in a dorm I would probably stock up on something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment