Saturday, August 18, 2012

Hand-Me-Downs and Rags

I know that I don't always love everything that is in my closet, and sometimes I feel the need to just get rid of some clothes. Trends change, bodies grow, fabric fades. It happens. But don't just throw away your clothes! Give them to a friend or donate them to a charity like GoodWill. Just because you don't fit into your clothes anymore doesn't mean that somebody else can't! Plus, you get a tax deduction for what you donate! If the clothing is stained or has holes, still do not throw it away! Use it as a rag for cleaning or for wiping off your dogs feet. My dad uses old socks and T-shirts for cleaning his bike and padding his bike case when he travels. There's always a continued use for your old clothing. It doesn't need to go into a trash dump somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment