Thursday, August 2, 2012

T Tickets

If you live in the Boston area you are familiar with the T, the subway. I ride maybe a dozen times a year, and each time I ride I get a new paper ticket. I know that they sell plastic reusable Charlie Cards, but I've never looked into them enough to know whether or not I should purchase one. So, despite what I should do, I continue to use the paper tickets. However, did you know that you can save and reload those paper tickets? I didn't until this past week! It doesn't prevent a lot of waste, but saving these guys a few times to reuse will save a little bit of paper. It also seems to be a faster and easier transaction. So next time you take the T, (or whatever subway that may be near you), buy the reusable card or hang onto your ticket and reload it.

P.S. and a bravo for taking public transportation!

Edit: I realized that the ticket machines probably don't give you back the same ticket when you add value to them. I am not sure what happens to them. So basically: just get a Charlie Card. You get a discounted fare and go totally paperless. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment