Monday, August 6, 2012

Know Your Food

I frequently eat Stonyfield yogurt (Chocolate Underground is the best) and so I've looked at the labels a lot. I ignored this one for a while, but eventually decided that I couldn't keep eating the yogurt without looking up what this "know your food" thing was all about. I thought that the superhero theme was a little cheesey, but that's beside the point because the core message is a really good one. Do you know exactly what you're eating? Because you should. Not just for your health, but for the health of the environment. Not only are the ingredients listed on the label important, but so are how they got there. How the food is packaged is important too. Do you know anything about the companies that you trust to feed you? Because you probably should get to know them. The more that I learned about Stonyfield, the more I got to love them.
Check out the Stonyfield website for further explanation: https://iwillknowmyfood.com/#meet
I found these videos extremely helpful and interesting, and they're representative of the larger picture. Be SURE to watch: http://www.stonyfield.com/yotube

No comments:

Post a Comment